Looking for a good movie on how to handle friendships, embarrassment, and general challenges in life? We watched “An American Girl: McKenna Shoots for the Stars” together as a family and really enjoyed it. Like most American Girl movies, it’s just as good for boys as for girls. Also, as usual, the main characters are in elementary school, but they still struggle with the same basic challenges that we all do.
Parents and youth – are you looking for a good movie about how to handle bullying? We watched “An American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong” together as a family and really enjoyed it. Even though it’s An American Girl, the movie is good for boys, too. The only thing to consider is that the main characters are fourth graders. So, middle school youth might struggle with relating to the characters and particular situations. However, the basic challenges of bullying are still there and make it worth watching.
After seeing it win 5 Oscar Awards, we had to watch Hugo. It’s a nice family-friendly, artistic feel-good movie! The plot was a little different from what we imagined it would be. There is a little more drama and a little less action than what you might think from the previews. Good story.
If you have seen the movie, then what did you think about it?
Courageous is a touching, family-friendly, Christian movie about a group of men that decide to take fatherhood more seriously.
The movie is especially good for those men that won’t settle with just being a good-enough dad.
If you have seen the movie, then did it make you think or inspire you to do something different?
Some people collect action, comedy, or dramatic movies. I collect inspirational movies – flicks that inspire me to think differently, act differently, become better.
Here are some of my favorites:
- August Rush – a boy with a gift on a journey
- Dead Poets Society – seize the day!
- Mr. Holland’s Opus – a teacher learns what it means to live a fulfilling life
- October Sky – shoot for the moon! Familiar to those that took Wood Badge. Did you know that you can rearrange the letters to spell Rocket Boys?
- Pay It Forward – a boy with an idea to change the world
- Remember the Titans – a man redefining teamwork. Another one famliar to those that took Wood Badge. We are the Titans…
- Stand and Deliver – a math teacher that gives new meaning to the word dedication
- The Ultimate Gift – a man that learns what it means for life to be a gift. My absolute favorite movie of all time!
Do you have any to add?