- Leader Journey book
- Paper making stuff (see girl book)
Pre-opening: Tear up paper into little pieces.
Opening (as usual)
- Explain energy is everywhere and connected to everything we do. Ask girls to think of ways they’ve used energy in the last 24 hours. Try to go around the circle 3 times.
- Look in their book at pages 10-11 for more ideas.
- Explain energy efficient means using less energy to do something. Ask girls to name a more energy efficient way to do one of the things they first mentioned.
- Look in their book at pages 106-109 for their energy tracker. Explain this whole journey is about energy. They’ll earn 3 awards – Energize, Investigate, and Innovate. (See leader book for details.)
- Look in their book at pages 19-20. Have girls take turns reading the sample pledge. Have each girl make her own pledge of at least 3 things to save energy. Ask each girl to say her pledge.
- Look in their book at pages 36-38. All together, make recycled paper!
- Ask girls what guests they might like to talk about energy.
- Have the girls sit in a circle. Explain that each girl has her own unique personal energy and it’s something she can use to be a good leader. Ask each girl to pick and say one word that expresses her energy to be a good leader.
Closing (as usual)