- Leader book and Quest Master Map
- Paper and markers
Pre-opening: Quest book back – sign each other’s books
Opening (as usual)
Discuss 3 steps of key 1: Discover
- Discover our talents – remember writing on the star?
- Discover the values of the Girl Scout Law
- Discover our family’s talents and values – remember making the big star?
Discuss 3 steps of key 2: Connect
- Connect as a Girl Scout team- remember playing loop the hoop?
- Connect at home – remember what you led at home?
- Connect with the community – remember the circle map?
Discuss 3 steps of key 3: Take Action – girls look at page 69
- Identify something to do – remember the Brownie Brainstorm chart?
- Prepare to take action – remember making the Happy Socks?
- Take action – rememberKittyCity? – mark it off on the map
Tell them they earned the last key and write it on the map
So, you have three keys, but what do they unlock?
- Say the three chants
- We unlock the ability to be a leader
- Draw a picture showing how you’re going to keep being a leader (and have all girls share their picture with the troop)
Tell them they earned the Brownie Quest Award! That’s it, they’re done – or are they?
If there’s extra time, read about Juliette Gordon Low on page 72
Closing (as usual)